Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you have to be there to console someone that’s broken, and whatever you say will definitely determine what’s next for them, this responsibility can be so overwhelming and you have no idea what to do or say.
Well… here are tips I hope would help.
1. You are human, you are most definitely capable of compassion, let this be expressed through your eyes
2. Take off your judgement coat
3. Listen with not just your ears but your body
4. When they are done talking, lend them your shoulder to cry on if they need to, and say to them, it’s okay, everything is going to be okay, let them know it wasn’t their fault, they do not deserve whatever must have gone wrong, but it’s going to be okay.
5. Lastly, say to them, WE’ll get through this, you are not alone. We’ll get through this.
Hope this helps.
Tips on what not to say or do;
2. Wow, are you serious
3. Totally shut them up and start saying how you’ve been through worse (no my darling, it’s not a competition and it’s definitely not about you)
4. Start laughing with your eyes or worse, laughing out loud
5. Tell them to be strong
6. Cut them off for a call or something else
7. Make a joke out of the situation because you don’t know what to say.
8. And for the love of God, do not belittle their pain just because you don’t think the issue is that much of a big deal.
Again, I hope this helps.
Love & Light🌹❤️